Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Liquid Eyeliner

Yay! Product reviews!

I was always terrified of liquid eyeliner! I wished I could use it, but every time I tried, I screwed up insanely. But after a lot of trial and error, I feel I have mastered the perfect solid black winged eyeliner effect! Now, I can't live without liquid eyeliner! The other day, I tried using my Mac Engraved Powerpoint Eye Pencil, and that was a fail. I only use that on my waterline now.

Ok, so the point of this post is to compare two products!

Product #1: L'oréal Paris Carbon Black Lineur Intense Felt Tip Liquid Eyeliner
Colour: Carbon Black

Product #2: Maybelline New York Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner
Colour: Blackest Black


I have been using the L'oréal one for a couple years, and love it. I just recently discovered the Maybelline Stiletto one.

• Both products contain 1.5ml of liquid
• Both products have a felt tip applicator
• The wand on the L'oréal one is a little bit longer, making the application and precision more easy to control
• The felt tip applicator on the Maybelline one is a tiny bit thicker, which is not exactly a bad thing
• Both products are around the same price. I believe the L'oréal one may have been a dollar more. They are around $9.00 - $10.00 each (Canadian dollars)
• Both products are highly pigmented, and product a solid black line just with one application


• Left swatch = Maybelline
• Right swatch = L'oréal


Overal, I like both products, but because I'm so use to using the L'oréal one, I think I may just stick to that one in the future!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice! have you tried revlon's liquid liner? its pretty good!

    http://everythingbeautifulmakeupblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't! But I will check it out, thank you! :D

    ReplyDelete